Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do folks get the -mails?

Posted by posieh 3 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 27, 10 at 18:35

When you go to a person's page and it says, you may send them an e-mail "here", do they ever get those E-mails? Just wondering as I've sent several to different people and never get a reply in return. Perhaps they just don't want to reply!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do folks get the -mails?

On my page here on Garden Web, there are choices. One of them is "Send me an email". One can opt out or in re the email.

See my Clippings See my Journal See my trade list Send me an email.

I've opted out of the email, but I've checked and some posters have opted to accept email. I don't know if they get the email or if they don't want to answer.

o

I think it's just a matter of sometimes they do and sometimes they don't..and you never know when that's going to happen.

o

It might also be that if they are longtime GW'ers, that they've stopped using the email that they originally signed up with. lol I know that I personally have NO IDEA which email account my emails from here might go to. It's probably the Yahoo! one that I now only check once or a twice a year or so... it gets so much junk sent to it, that I stopped checking it regularly YEARS ago.

o

• Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 27, 10 at 23:10

I get emails sent from the GW....but don't answer if I don't want to....

o

I get emails from the GW all the time.
I appreciate them.
It is a different account and sometimes a day or two will pass
before I have a chance to check it and send an answer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here