Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

chocolate science/or not.........lol

west_gardener
11 years ago

I was surfing knitting pages and this sentiment popped up. I guess chocolate is important for our health, but we've known that here at the GP for years and years.

DH and I buy "dark chocolate" it is healthy for us, but hmm,the cordial cherries, sweet coconut , caramel, fudge pieces etc... that are wrapped in dark chocolate are our favorites.

What's your favorite?

Comments (11)

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Hershey's "Special Dark" chocolate bar is our dark chocolate indulgence. Three pieces is a serving, but we make do with two--for each of us, of course! With a cup of coffee and tiny bites, it lasts a long time and is so-o-o-o-o good! It's also great to take a big bite and just let it melt in your mouth.

• Janis_G
    11 years ago

I could eat chocolate til I barf.
    I can't bring it in the house.
    I have no control when it comes to chocolate.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Since there are statistics about any- and everything out there, is there one about chocaholics? I think there are more of us than any other addiction. Hope nobody will get the idea to ration us, like large soft drinks in NY.

• kathyjane
    11 years ago

Chocolate with coffee every morning, noon, evening----if I were to sleepwalk, it would be straight to the Hershey's with almonds.

It gives me energy---double boost with the coffee---it ensures I keep up 7 acres ---with lots of ancient Oaks!!!!!!
    (Well, almost, anyhow....)

• petaloid
    11 years ago

I don't smoke or drink, but if I had to give up chocolate I don't know how I would manage.

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

I agree with jan.

James and I have 'valium' stashed all over the house...M&M with peanuts.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

anneliese_, if they try to ration chocolate I think there will be a lot of unhappy people in the world. And I'm thinking chocolate riots here. I'm in.............lol.

• mjmercer
    11 years ago

I find it interesting that the great majority of people (at least according to my observations) prefer dark chocolate. Even when I visit my local See's, they ALWAYS offer a dark-chocolate freebie (thank heaven they give us the option of trading it in for our preference).

I've always been a disciple of milk chocolate. Not that there's anything wrong with dark. lolol But the taste is so deep, so borderline bitter, that it's only in recent years I've been able to tolerate it.

For me, it's Hershey's with or without almonds, all the way!

Karen

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

I always was partial to dark chocolate, the darker, the better. Even as a child I like the dark chocolate covered truffles and a oversize coffee-bean-shaped chocolate filled with a mocha creme.
    Now I generally buy Ghiradelly 85% cocoa dark chocolate bars

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Be afraid, very afraid. Nestle is placing GPS chips in the wrappers of KitKat bars. They activates when someone removes the cover. They want to find you anywhere........Holy Cow...Better wear some clothes when eating the stuff.
    See story below.

Here is a link that might be useful: GPS tracking...........

• Janis_G
    11 years ago

Lord luv a duck!!
    I passed the KitKat bars by today and opted for those little Snicker bars and the bag of assorted Hershey bars.
    I could of been GPSed by now. SHOOT!!

Sponsored
More Discussions