Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chocolate science/or not.........lol

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 18:42

I was surfing knitting pages and this sentiment popped up. I guess chocolate is important for our health, but we've known that here at the GP for years and years.
DH and I buy "dark chocolate" it is healthy for us, but hmm,the cordial cherries, sweet coconut , caramel, fudge pieces etc... that are wrapped in dark chocolate are our favorites.
What's your favorite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chocolate science/or not.........lol

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 19:06

Hershey's "Special Dark" chocolate bar is our dark chocolate indulgence. Three pieces is a serving, but we make do with two--for each of us, of course! With a cup of coffee and tiny bites, it lasts a long time and is so-o-o-o-o good! It's also great to take a big bite and just let it melt in your mouth.

o

I could eat chocolate til I barf.
I can't bring it in the house.
I have no control when it comes to chocolate.

o

Since there are statistics about any- and everything out there, is there one about chocaholics? I think there are more of us than any other addiction. Hope nobody will get the idea to ration us, like large soft drinks in NY.

o

Chocolate with coffee every morning, noon, evening----if I were to sleepwalk, it would be straight to the Hershey's with almonds.

It gives me energy---double boost with the coffee---it ensures I keep up 7 acres ---with lots of ancient Oaks!!!!!!
(Well, almost, anyhow....)

o

I don't smoke or drink, but if I had to give up chocolate I don't know how I would manage.

o

I agree with jan.

James and I have 'valium' stashed all over the house...M&M with peanuts.

o

anneliese_, if they try to ration chocolate I think there will be a lot of unhappy people in the world. And I'm thinking chocolate riots here. I'm in.............lol.

o

I find it interesting that the great majority of people (at least according to my observations) prefer dark chocolate. Even when I visit my local See's, they ALWAYS offer a dark-chocolate freebie (thank heaven they give us the option of trading it in for our preference).

I've always been a disciple of milk chocolate. Not that there's anything wrong with dark. lolol But the taste is so deep, so borderline bitter, that it's only in recent years I've been able to tolerate it.

For me, it's Hershey's with or without almonds, all the way!

Karen

o

I always was partial to dark chocolate, the darker, the better. Even as a child I like the dark chocolate covered truffles and a oversize coffee-bean-shaped chocolate filled with a mocha creme.
Now I generally buy Ghiradelly 85% cocoa dark chocolate bars

o

Be afraid, very afraid. Nestle is placing GPS chips in the wrappers of KitKat bars. They activates when someone removes the cover. They want to find you anywhere........Holy Cow...Better wear some clothes when eating the stuff.
See story below.

Here is a link that might be useful: GPS tracking...........

o

Lord luv a duck!!
I passed the KitKat bars by today and opted for those little Snicker bars and the bag of assorted Hershey bars.
I could of been GPSed by now. SHOOT!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here