Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

It never stops

lilosophie
10 years ago

Joann got a call for help when she was at work yesterday - someone discovered three tiny (umbilical cord still attached) kittens in her garden-beds, maybe three days old? She tried to take are of them,but really had no clue, so now Joann is Foster Mom.
The Rescue is working with her, she brought them back from certain doom, feeding them every hour last night and today, now they eat more and sleep more and apparently are going to make it.

Comments (10)

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Thank God for people like Joan. There is a special place in heaven for her someday in the far distant future.

There is also a special place in hell for those that do the dumping.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A Report from Joann:
    Kittens. I fed them every hour all night, they ate 1ml of milk replacer. By five AM they were up to two. At nine Am they were eating three. By this afternoon they ate six and all peed. They had gone 48 hrs without food or water when I got them. They also suck on my hands and the syringe we are working on going to a bottle. It really is looking up for them. They look so much alike I bought some of those dots like for a file and stick one on each kitten's head take it off when it gets fed so I don't feed one kitten three times and starve the other two. If they start falling off I have markers and will color their tails different colors.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Oh my God- Joann is a saint! It is such constant and tireless work! Those kittens are lucky to fall into her hands for sure. They are so adorable. I wonder what happened to Momma cat? Thanks Lilo for the info.

Nerry

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

So sweet! She she get a sign that says, these grounds are monitored by video surveillance. But then, kittens might not make it as they'd get dumped elsewhere. They looke suspiciously like that last batch. The one who was adopted immediately? What's his cute name? It's totally escaping me memory, except his darlin' face! That one.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are talking about Uno, who went to Boston. That batch was not dumped, though, they had their Mama, who now is a resident of Joann's cattery and shall be spayed.
    The current batch was just dumped in someone's garden, in a box, so it is certain they were not hidden by a feral Mom.
    Joann has indicated to the Rescue that she is willing to foster, and these little guys show up, it goes on and on.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Lilo, I didn't respond, earlier, but am in total agreement with pjkramer. I know God has a big notebook with the names of such people in bold letters. Hopefully, there will be suitable punishments for such as they.

Joann truly is an angel for being so kind and caring. Please tell her how much what she does is appreciated.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Oh good. She wants to do this. Great for her! Yes, Uno. Maybe they'll be just as cute and adopted out as quickly by loving homes. Yay!

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Joann is a very special person. It is a lot of work to take care of these little ones. I don't understand people who do not spay and neuter.
    A big hug for Joann.

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Rather than coloring the tails, she might want to use a ribbon on the neck. They are much too tiny for little collars.

• User
    10 years ago

Hugs to both of you.

Sponsored
More Discussions