Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Line Dancing and music Q

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 20:23

At my advanced age of 71 I have decided to try out "Line Dancing". Although I was a pretty good dancer in my younger years, it has been a long time since I learned any new moves.
I looked at a lot of videos on the net and settled on a DVD that I ordered. It has the Electric Slide. Watermelon Crawl and Slap Leather dances. Everything is new to me.

Now about the music? Does the line dancing have it's own music overall or does each dance like "Electric Slide" have it's own music?
Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Line Dancing and music Q

Have not done it but think it is for country western music of many types. Did your son get you in to this for his birthday yesterday?

o

Don, wonders of all wonders, DH said he would join me. Could have knocked me over with a feather. DS is another story, he grew up with Mick Jagger as his musical hero, oh save me, lol.
Little by little I will find my way around the dance floor and the music.

o

Plan on having loads of fun Are you dancing at a Sr Citizen place or a dance studio where thee are other people or jus the two of you.

I haven't danced in a while but when I was going to astudio there was so much fun and so many couples in their 70's plan on the best time of you life !!!

o

It came about when I saw that the Sr.Ctr. was giving lessons and they showed a photo of the participants and they looked like they had fun and that they were about our age (70+). It looked like fun.
I'm not redy to join a class yet, but I did order a DVD and that should arrive in a few days. In the meanwhile, I've downloaded a video and I'm having fun learning how to dance.Glad to say that it seems that my brain and feet still work together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here