Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

It's been fun but

gandle
10 years ago

but this will be my last post. Age related macular degeneration has made it difficult to read posts. I have had to stop driving. I have had to quit working at the museum. Can't see prices on gift shop goods. which hurts. Made a lot of friendds but I guess everything has to end. Good bye.

Comments (17)

• mawheel
    10 years ago

George, I'm so sorry to hear your news. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that you will be greatly missed.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    10 years ago

I am so disappointed to get this message and I am wishing you
    all the best. Your posts have always been a real treat.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

I always have looked forward to your posts and greatly enjoyed them. Many of them spoke to my own memories and experiences. I miss you, George. You and Leone are are a couple I always admire.
    I wish you all the best and my prayers are with you. Good bye good friend.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Sad news, George, You have been such a treasure for all of us, your stories and your wisdom will be missed.
    Sending much love to you and Leone.

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

Oh George, I had wondered why you had not been posting as frequently as you used to. I have loved your posts and felt like I was standing beside you in some of the experiences you posted because you made them so alive. The picture in my mind of that "crazy cat" following you on your walks always made me smile, so that is the one I choose to remember you by. More than just us humans love you and Leone.

You and Leone will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will miss you.

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear this. I hope things will turn around for you Minnie in TX

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

I am so sorry to read this as I will miss you greatly.

I know that there is software available that will type for you as you speak-Dragon is the name. Also, there is software for the visually impaired that will read to you. Here is a link to it and other products that could help.

Can you tell I don't want you to leave us? I love your stories too much. Please have Leone or one of the grands check this out for you. You have too much life in you to give this up.

Hugs and I do understand,

Peppi

Here is a link that might be useful: Freedom Sci. to read to you

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Don't go! I will miss you two so much (can't have George without Leone). I have already been missing you. My best and happiest kind fondness for you ALWAYS.

-Robin

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

George, sorry you are not well. I've enjoyed your posts very much and I will miss you and Leone.
    Good thoughts to you both.

• kris_zone6
    10 years ago

I will miss your stories. I have enjoyed our time together. Best wishes to you and Leone.

• Pidge
    10 years ago

George, I hope you can read all the kind things your Garden Party friends are saying about you.
    I don't post here very often, but rob333 told me you are leaving the GP where so many of us met each other so many years ago. We created some bonds that remain solid even if we don't talk often. Your voice has always been so calm and reasonable and full of wisdom.
    One of my fave things about you is that you always have the best titles for the threads you start.
    Be well, take care of yourself, know that you are loved and admired.

• gabriell_gw
    10 years ago

I will miss you George. Some of your posts have been memorable, I always hoped you might put them in a book.You and Leone are such a charming couple, I will miss you both and wish the best for you.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

George- I haven't been here long enough to know you but just reading the wonderful wishes from your friends to you touched me and so I'd love to leave you with a favorite quote of mine that Don posted a while back:

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. "
    Rabindranath Tagore

Yes- the garden, grandkids and other pursuits still await you!

Best Wishes

• mjmercer
    10 years ago

George, I will always cherish our face-to-face meeting in August of last year. It was such a pleasure and honor for me.

I hope you'll at least investigate the information in the link posted by Peppi. Perhaps it's an option for you? Either way, just know that you are loved and greatly respected here at the GP. I hope you will stay in touch with our messages through Leone, and that she will keep us posted on how you both are doing.

Karen

• batyabeth
    10 years ago

I wish you both many, many blessings...........oh wait, you already have them! I wish your cup to overflow, my friend.........

• Janis_G
    10 years ago

George, I read your post right after you posted but just
    didn't want to believe it was real.
    I am so sorry that this has happened to you and Leone.

You have been such an inspiration to us here at the GP.
    We've laughed when you laughed and cried when we knew
    you had lost a dear one. We've gone on trips, attended reunions, worried about you and Leone when you didn't check in and celebrated the births of new babies.
    You've shared your family and let us glimpse your life as a
    boy growing up.To say that we will miss you would be an understatement.

As much as I hate cold , freezing weather, only you and Leone
    could have had this southern gal out on her deck in the middle
    of the night waving a bubble wand around just to watch the bubbles freeze.

I will always hold you and Leone in that special place in my heart .

With love and sadness,

Jan

• gloriam
    10 years ago

Yo will both be sadly missed. The best of life to you both.
    (((HUGS)))

Sponsored
More Discussions