Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 9/30

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 1, 10 at 0:11

Science, or para-science, tells us that geraniums bloom better if they are spoken to. But a kind word every now and then is really quite enough. Too much attention, like too much feeding, and weeding and hoeing, inhibits and embarrasses them. ~Victoria Glendinning

I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border. I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass, and tries to correct the error. ~Sara Stein, My Weeds, 1988

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 9/30

These are both really great quotes. I think Victoria is on to something. Every year I have 12 red geraniums lining the back steps onto the porch and deck. I leave them in their plastic pots and then put those into terra cotta pots. I do this the first week of May and other than give them water,that's it..other than a smile because they are so pretty. They are in the shade and bloom non stop until well after the first few frosts.I'm not crazy about geraniums but for some reason like these where they are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here