Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 10/24

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 1:01

There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place. ~Washington Irving

The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind. ~William Blake

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 10/24

As I get older, I find that I resist change more and more. However, if I don't change, the world will move forward without me and I will fall behind and be the looser.
So I take on some of the changes on purpose just for the challenge of the new. And by golly, sometimes change is good.
For example,
I find that the net has changed the way I communicate with family.

o

That older people are sometimes reluctant to change their views is somewhat understandable, but I hear a lot of middleaged persons who seem to think if it was good for their parents, it's good enough for them and that "in the good old days" things were so mucht better. We just hear more today due to the internet. Where then a person wrote to another person and maybe somebody else read that letter or heard the phone call,now a hundred read it and in a matter of minutes a thousand people know it.

o

Yes anneliese, privacy is a huge issue on the net and I try to get around that by sending "vanilla" emails and posts and I have explained to our children that nothing is "private" on the net.

DH and I were at a place yesterday, where we were with people who remembered the old fashioned "party line" phones and how we got around that issue.
I still think the net is a fab communication place,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here