Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 10-23-10

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 23, 10 at 2:11

"Bear in mind, if you are going to amount to anything, that your success does not depend upon the brilliance and the impetuosity with which you take hold, but upon the ever lasting and sanctified bull doggedness with which you hang on after you have taken hold."
Dr. A. B. Meldrum

"What we do not see, what most of us never suspect of existing, is the silent but irresistible power which comes to the rescue of those who fight on in the face of discouragement."
Napoleon Hill

"One should act in consonance with the way of heaven and earth, which is enduring and eternal. The superior man perseveres long in his course, adapts to the times, but remains firm in his direction and correct in his goals."
I Ching

"It matters if you just don't give up."
Stephen Hawking

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 10-23-10

I always wonder what a person means when he or she says "amount to something." It probably means something different to each of us I guess.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 23, 10 at 11:13

Ho Marda, you make a good point. Actually everyone does amount to something, it depends what amount of what - sometime it's nothing but a large amount of B/S, but it's something.
I like the I Ching quote...

o

Every one leaves a foot print somewhere. Good or bad, it's there.

o

I like the Stephen Hawking quote and he should know more then most of us.
Don, thanks for a great week of quotes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here