Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My upcoming cruise

Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 5:37

We retired earlier this year, and now have the time to cruise more. When we were still working, 14 days was our maximum time allowed away. My loving wife has wanted to cruise in the western Mediterranean and I have resisted flying that far. I found a cruise that works well for us.

Tuesday, 10/22, we begin our drive to Ft. Lauderdale where we will board our ship on Friday and sail away on Holland American's m/s Maasdam. We will stop twice in the Caribbean, then begin our trip across the Atlantic Ocean. After several days, we will stop at three of the Canary Islands. Next up will be Tangier, Morocco; then on to several stops in Spain and Italy. We will continue with Sicily, Sardinia, more Spain, Gibraltar and Casablanca. Our last stop in that part of the world will be Madeira (small island in the Atlantic). We again cross the Atlantic and return to Ft. Lauderdale on December 5 - 42 days. Then a drive back to Illinois, arriving on December 8.

Total time away will be about 7 weeks! Surprisingly, this cruise is not as expensive as some others we have taken (figured on a per day cost), as there are not too many people who want to go to Europe and Africa in November - and have that much time to do be away. Because of the length, the demographics for this cruise will mean that someone who is 60 might be among the youngest passengers on board.

Some time this afternoon, I will begin the process of packing. Someone else in the house finished her part the other day! We leave before sunrise tomorrow.

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My upcoming cruise

Have a great trip and enjoy every minute. Keep a diary, we expect a report of your adventur!. No, you and your wife just have fun.
Thanks for your quotes during the last week.and we hope to see you back, even without quotes.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 7:45

BON VOYAGE!!! Thanks for sharing details; in your previous post, when you mentioned going on a cruise, I was calculating approx. how long you'd be gone, I was thinking, "Now, that's a cruise"! Again, have a wonderful time, and if you stop in an Internet café, send us an email.

o

Bon voyage! Have a wonderful trip, your trip sounds fascinating!

o

Have a great time and take lots of photos!

o

Yes, Bon voyage!

o

Bon Voyage, that sounds like a wonderful trip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here