Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

My upcoming cruise

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
10 years ago

We retired earlier this year, and now have the time to cruise more. When we were still working, 14 days was our maximum time allowed away. My loving wife has wanted to cruise in the western Mediterranean and I have resisted flying that far. I found a cruise that works well for us.

Tuesday, 10/22, we begin our drive to Ft. Lauderdale where we will board our ship on Friday and sail away on Holland American's m/s Maasdam. We will stop twice in the Caribbean, then begin our trip across the Atlantic Ocean. After several days, we will stop at three of the Canary Islands. Next up will be Tangier, Morocco; then on to several stops in Spain and Italy. We will continue with Sicily, Sardinia, more Spain, Gibraltar and Casablanca. Our last stop in that part of the world will be Madeira (small island in the Atlantic). We again cross the Atlantic and return to Ft. Lauderdale on December 5 - 42 days. Then a drive back to Illinois, arriving on December 8.

Total time away will be about 7 weeks! Surprisingly, this cruise is not as expensive as some others we have taken (figured on a per day cost), as there are not too many people who want to go to Europe and Africa in November - and have that much time to do be away. Because of the length, the demographics for this cruise will mean that someone who is 60 might be among the youngest passengers on board.

Some time this afternoon, I will begin the process of packing. Someone else in the house finished her part the other day! We leave before sunrise tomorrow.

Jim

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions