Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, 10/09/13

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 5:57

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spent it for you.
Carl Sandburg

Waste you money and you're only out of money; but waste your time and you're lost a part of your life.
Michael La Boeuf

Yesterday's the past, tomorros's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Bill Keene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, 10/09/13

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

John Wooden (1910 - 2010)

o

Good ones, though I disagree about "wasted" time, this is a matter of opinion only

o

Great one Jim!

o

I agree with lilo. It's a matter of opinion.

I think our character gives us our reputation.
Thanks for the quotes.

o

We all do something that somebody else sees as waste of time. I know one of my neighbor thinks watching the birds and reading are a waste, I think her washing windows every second Monday,( weather permitting) is a waste of time and papertowels. LOL.

o

anneliese, I grew up with this list of chores.
Thank goodness that I'm able to do what I want, without the old world restrictions.

Monday: Wash Day
Tuesday: Ironing Day
Wednesday: Sewing Day
Thursday: Market Day
Friday: Cleaning Day
Saturday: Baking Day
Sunday: Day of Rest

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here