Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this really a Garden Party?

Posted by Jim-1 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 8:41

I don't have all the stuff for posting all at one time, so you gotta peek at each one in order!
How about if I say please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this really a Garden Party?

This is yesterday afternoon.

o

And, of all places, this was in my garden.

o

Lots of fun, nice guests.

o

They all had a good time!

o

Great pictures, that is what I call a party! Where are you located that you still have such active bees? And what are the flowers,? they are nice.

o

...made me smile- good shot! Indeed- where are these busy bees?

o

The yellow flower is Helenium Autumnale (autumn sneezeweed) that is part of the huge aster family. I have a wildflower garden in the back yard that has this, along with New England Asters. Nearby is Helianthus (perennial sunflower) that kept the bees happy for 2 months. There also is Pink Chiffon Rose of Sharon and Russian Sage, both of which are done for the summer. Also Echinacea and Catmint draw them in. They are all bee magnets and those pollinators help with my veggies.

I have no idea where their hive is. We live in east central Illinois. They don't bother anyone, they have their own priorities. It is so neat just to be near them and hear the buzzing that they create.

o

What beautiful photographs. We live in Chicago and the bees were slow to find us through the spring until August, but now they are in overdrive. We only saw one butterfly (it was a Monarch) all summer, although we have plenty of the flowers that they like. Where did they party?

o

That really is a party. I have not seen this many bees all year long. Don't know what happened around here, 2 bees despite flowers and blooming herbs, a few wasps and 1 bumblebee. I am out a lot, so it has nothing to do with just not seeing them.
Those are great pictures, thanks Jim.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 18:11

What nice pictures--both the flowers and bees; "autumn sneezeweed" is very pretty.

Thanks, Jim, for sharing the pictures.

o

I love your pictures. It's great that you have bees.

o

Luv the pictures of the bee party. You are a good host.

o

It's a Honey of a Party, Jim.

Great pics, and thank you for sharing.

o

Thanks for sharing, excellent photos!

o

Jim, I bet the bees are planning already for next year's party! Great pictures. Thanks so much for joining Garden Party. We all love pictures here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here