Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

Frost on the pumpkin?

anneliese_32
10 years ago

Well, I really don't know, since I have none, but the roofs in the neighborhood are white. I went back inside this morning, the temp at 5 AM was not conducive to running in PJ's out to the newspaperbox. Got dressed first, hubby just had to wait for his paper for a few minutes. The wind just picked up and it's raining oak leaves and not a cloud in the sky.

Comments (8)

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

How did my weather ge to your place? I had the morning frost and then blue sky/sunshine most of this month and do look forward to rain.
    It's sweatshirt mornings/t-shirt afternoon sort of weather

• kris_zone6
    10 years ago

Here it is the same as Lilo's, frosty mornings and sunshine and warm afternoons. Our trees are all turning and some are shedding their leaves.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

These petunias refuse to give up, I had them sitting on this bench in order to dump their little frozen bodies (or deer-eaten roots) two weeks ago, they got no grooming and only an occasional squirt of water, and look at them!

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

There was no frost here this morning, because we had a heavy fog cover. It was spooky seeing just the outlines of the trees, I expected to see Casper flying around.

Lilo, that is such a cool photo. Yes, the flowers are troopers, but the whole scene is so nice. Says something like, summer fading into fall, or the last of summer.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Oh boy! The TV weather guy just said tonight's low temp may be 34 degrees! Guess that may mean "frost on the pumpkin" or at least, roof tops.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    10 years ago

A week ago, we had a bit of frost, but we are in a low-lying area. Nothing since.

I don't really want to upset you, but for the next couple of months we won't be in a situation to think about frost. Tuesday morning before sunrise, we will begin our drive to Ft. Lauderdale, where we will board a cruise ship that will not return to Florida until December 5. A leisurely 3-day drive and we will be back in Illinois for whatever weather there might be.

Frost? I don't care, I'm almost packed!

Jim

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Have a wonderful, relaxing, and fun-filled trip! Think about us poor folks suffering in the cold!

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Have a wonderful time, Jim! Can you tell us details of your cruise? It's a pretty long one, must be very interesting - gonna share?

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!
More Discussions