Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Madam Crosso

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 8:51

Madam Crosso is a large garden Spider (Cross Spider) who has been lliving for the last couple of month during the day behind the cable box under the eaves and at night weaves her web from there to the bush below.
In the spirit of Halloween, she wove her silk all the way over the front entrance. The moment I shone my flashlight on her she started to eat her net and by the time I ran in to get my camera, it was just taters and I did not see her anymore.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Madam Crosso

Oh, too bad you were not able to capture this, but she did what she had to do, feeling she was threatened. The weavers are amazing, aren't they?

o

Oh yes, this is Halloween and Madam Crosso is out spinning her web. Good thing you had your flash light, the creatures in the dark don't like light.Be afraid, very afraid.

Here is a link that might be useful: Madame-crosso

o

WG - she's formidable!

o

I don't want to meet her at my front door.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here