Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

Favorite sites

anneliese_32
11 years ago

Do you have any favorite sites which you visit on a daily basis, besides the Garden Party and others on the Garden Web?

I just a few weeks ago discovered on Facebook the Old Mosswoman's Secret Garden. It's like falling into a fairy story, including the hobbits and the little people. I wish I could step right through my screen or find the rabbit hole which leads there.

Comments (16)

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

i know the feeling

• mawheel
    11 years ago

The Garden Party is #1 for me, but my sister in FL and I play "Jamble", like Scrabble, but since that name is copyrighted, an alternate name is used. I'm on and off several times a day, seeing what she has done, then trying to make a word of my own. The web site is called "It's Your Turn", in case anyone wants to check it out. I think there are many games available on the site, but Jamble is the only one we play--and only with each other. I don't "do" Facebook; I probably miss a lot, but it's not for me. Oh, DH and I like to check web cams, too. We can visit places all over the world, that way.

• User
    11 years ago

This has been one of my favorites for years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark Roasted Blend

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

One of my favorite sites is a game site, and my favorite game is Solitaire/ Klondike. I downloaded the game to my laptop so it's handy when the wify goes down Look at the right side column to find your favorite game.

Here is a link that might be useful: Idiots delight

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't do Facebook either, but a while ago I ended up there because of the info about a reunion, which was not otherwise available. That's when I found the Old Mosswoman and liked the pictures so much that I have to check them out a couple of times a week.

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

Don I did check out a link on your site "What would really happen if the lights went out. - [scary scenario]" interesting site and I like that version of Klondike West Thanks One of my favorites to check each day is

Here is a link that might be useful: SurvivalBlog.com

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

I do Facebook for a variety of reasons:
    Family - my kids are on FB and numerous grandkids, nieces and nephews and cousins; many of whom I would not even know if not for the FB connection
    Old GW and another email group connections
    The many friends I made, artists, writers and poets from many countries, continents of the world - I like to write and have been both inspired and learned much from many
    Politics - finding links to articles, opinion pieces and points of view, interesting and more varied and more POV than HT on the GW

• gabriell_gw
    11 years ago

I check out Knitting Paradise every day.Each time I learn something,it's amazing.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

gabriell, thanks for the knitting site. I havet no seen that before, it is wonderful.

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

I do so many forums in different subjects I lose track! Too many hobbies, thats my trouble!

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

on AOL you can save up to 2500 favorites.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

CakeWrecks (Hilarious!)

Also, sometimes, not daily-it used to be LOLcats, but their site is the http://icanhas.cheezburger.com/. I stick with the critter pictures though. Today, there is a cat inside of a bag, inside of a wash basket and the caption is, "I'm not coming out until Caturday", which made me smile, for instance.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Lol at " LOLcats". The pics are cute, but it is also interesting to see how people interpret "cat think".

• lindac
    11 years ago

I also keep up with Lilo and a few other seldom posters on this forum via Face Book...Suzanne for example and Andie.
    There's ebay and a couple of blogs....but most of my "wandering" begins at Face Book.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

About
    Facebook. 78786263 likes � 2447712 talking about this.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Glad you asked the question, anneliese. It opened up my eyes, when Gabriell, posted about "Knitting Paradise", Thanks for replying Gabriell, I've learned a lot from that site.
    Including having fun with knitting and sharing our projects.
    I usually do "serious" knitting, but I sure enjoyed knitting a doll, just for fun.
    Meet Dolly.