Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

It's starting all over again! $%^#$

agnespuffin
13 years ago

So, we have just a few days left until Election Day, right?

That's what I thought too. Soon it will be over. No more TV ads. No more calls at dinner time. Win or lose, it will all be over.

Well, maybe not.

The telephone just rang. Republican Survey. It was a computer message giving a list of names and wanting to know which we would vote for in 2012. That's right. The Presidential election in 2012. I'll tell you one thing, that little piece of aggravation has already swayed my thinking. How could they be so stupid!!!

Comments (8)

• meldy_nva
    13 years ago

Averaging 4 calls a day (mostly at dinnertime) and 15 to 20 computer hangups.

You're right, the fourth time a call came from X suggesting I go out and vote for him, was the time I was glad I had already decided he wasn't representative of any policy or forum I wanted in legislature. Voting against him? Oh, yes indeed.

• gandle
    13 years ago

Yep, automatic, call me at mealtime and you are scratched from the slate of people I want in any office. Affiliation be damned.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Unless I am waiting for a call-back from somebody, my phone is on silent. The family knows that they need to e-mail me. The caller ID gets screened a couple of times a day.

• mwoods
    13 years ago

2012??????????????? You last question says it all. Good seeing you post,Aggie.

• coconut_nj
    13 years ago

Oh Puffygirl, I'm right there with you. The livingroom phone is quite close to me so when those interminable messages start I just pick up the phone, click it on..and click it off. Really aggravates me the nerve of them thinking they have the right to make the messages so very long too. 2012...........shudder.........

• calliope
    13 years ago

You can thank laws with no teeth, lobbies and the judicial systems for allowing callers to hide behind anonymity. Nuisance phone calls are nuisance phone calls, whether they are telemarketers, political parties or charities. There should be a Federal 'want those types of phone call' list, not a 'do not call' list. It would be pitifully tiny and resolve a lot of angst.

• andie_rathbone
    13 years ago

I think I should just quit answering the land line. It seems like it's either political calls or charities begging for money.

• User
    13 years ago

When a call shows private or out of area or some odd thing that does not tell who is calling it is usually a survey, political or telemarketer. If it is a telemarketer I will get their company name and then tell them all our numbers are on the do not call list and their company will be paying a $1000 fine when I turn them in for calling and not being identified on caller ID.

I am nice and congenial since the worker is just trying to make a living at the worst job in the world but it gets them to think about who they are working for.

The survey and political I talk to but give no info and ask silly impertinent questions till they get exasperated and hang up.

They should always show up for who they are on caller ID or no way do they get any info. Never give info unless you know who you are talking to and even then be wary.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions