Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's with that?

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 10:38

The cat's behavior, of course. Midnight, since we got her years ago, steadfastely refuses to eat canned cat food or processed people food. She eats her dried catfood and chicken or turkey breast, just cooked, no seasoning and warmed up, not cold out of the refrigerator. Once in a while she will eat a bite of fresh cooked fish.
A couple of days ago my son brought me some smoked salmon. Made myself a sandwich and Midnight almost assaulted me. She, who not even will jump on the coffee table, took the salmon almost out of my mouth and when I later opened the refrigerator, jumped right in looking for more. Went to the store and got a couple of cans of fish and salmon catfood. No takes, but she is still looking for the smoked salmon. Talk about expensive tastes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's with that?

Yes, your kitty is picky, but the nose knows. Our kitty loved smoked salmon that came from a mom&pop smoke house in Half Moon Bay, CA. They used local material in their smoker. No additives or preservatives.
Our kitty turned up her nose at big box store smoked salmon.
Smart kitty.

o

Amazing what attracts them. I had a cat who went wild over cantaloupe, she's practically take it out of ones' mouth.

o

Paco is an extremely picky eater, eschewing all manner of food that has been offered to him. Other than what I call "that old dry crap", lol.

One day I made a pot of homemade mushroom soup and brought a bowl to my easy chair to eat for lunch. Well, he was all over me and that soup; I had to stand up to get away from him! It wasn't the milk because I've made plenty of cream based soups....including seafood chowder....not interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here