Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 10-12-10

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 10:43

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.
Larry Flynt

If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?
Paul Harvey

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
Thomas Jefferson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 10-12-10

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 11:04

Good quotes, particularly the first one...

o

Sometimes when I listen to these media idiots..left and right who just blather away,I think of people like Paul Harvey and others. I miss him and often wonder what has happened to us that we would give so much attention to the blabber mouths and even care what they think about anything. Talk about dumbing down.There..now I feel better.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 13:59

It took a moment to sink in, but Paul Harvey's quote is right on! Evidently, it was appropriate when he said/wrote it, and is even more so, today.

(I've got a cold, so am using that excuse for my denseness!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here