Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 10-22-10

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 12:18

"I know of no more disagreeable situation than to be left feeling generally angry without anybody in particular to be angry at."
Frank Moore Colby

"The broad general rule is that a man is about as big as the things that make him angry."
Source Unknown

"A wave of anger washed over me, anger against myself, at my age at the time, that stupid lyrically age, when a man is too great a riddle to himself to be interested in the riddles outside himself and when other people are mere walking mirrors in which he is amazed to find his own emotions, his own worth."
Milan Kundera

"As the whirlwind in its fury teareth up trees, and deformeth the face of nature, or as an earthquake in its convulsions overturneth whole cities; so the rage of an angry man throweth mischief around him."
Akhenaton

"''I lose my temper, but it's all over in a minute,'' said the student. ''So is the hydrogen bomb,'' I replied. ''But think of the damage it produces!"
George Sweeting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 10-22-10

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 17:13

I like the last one!
The others seem to address men's issues more, and I am not really one to comment on them...make me chuckle, though

o
RE: Quote 10-22-10

I like the last one, just like lilod,I'm not really the one to comment on them. Where are the men?
I also like the Akhenaton quote. He seems to equate himself with raw nature, no control there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here