Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

Last Night's adventure

lilosophie
11 years ago

There were showers and sunshine all day, cool, but not cold.

Time to go to Joann's for dinner, wind began to blow, clouds began to roll in, rain-drops fell. Gussie wasn't screwing around as usual, she was ready to come inside and hop on the sofa.

By the time we ate, it was pouring and got pretty dark, so I skipped the last glass of wine to get myself home. Walking up the driveway, saw flashes of lightning and the thunder came rolling in. Gussie was starting to freak, tried to make it onto the front-deck, but I told her we need to put the chickens up, and her sense of duty overrode her panic at the thunder. Rain coming down sideways and in sheets, thunder rumbling and lightning cracking, it was quite a walk, same distance as usual, but seemed much longer.

Drenched, got out of wet clothing and made doggie-kitty dinner, all were nervous, Taffy was holed up somewhere, called, but he didn't respond. He showed up much later, damp, but not soaked. Smart cat.

Joann showed up a bit later, thunderstorm had left, but returned for a an encore wile she was walking up the goat-hill, highest point, carrying hay and her umbrella,

she was fortunate that the lightning was busy elsewhere.

We waited out the storm, having another glass of wine, the one we skipped earlier.

Eventually it turned into just ordinary rain, Joann went home, I turned on the computer, visited FB for a bit, shut computer off, banked fire and went to bed.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions