Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrobbins_gw

Biblical weather in Brooklyn

Mrobbins
13 years ago

Last month, tornadoes. This week, a torrential rainstorm that ended with an hour of hail up to fist-size. I left the house Monday thinking I really should have cleaned up my stoop pit garden which was sort of overgrown, although I did love the enthusiasm of the red caladiums enjoying the lower light this late in the season, the Black Dragon coleus with its blue flower spikes, and the tender euphorbia "Diamond Frost" floating an airy carpet of its small white blooms above the green foliage.

Tuesday morning we dared go outside again and the air was sweet with the smell of chlorophyll. All the sidewalks and cars were carpeted with green leaves torn down from the trees by the storm. My garden was just stalks. I wonder if I can rescue the caladium bulbs at this point?

The weather has been so freakishly violent for this part of the world that I have to wonder what's next...plague of locusts? Perhaps I should only plant low annuals next year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hail and Heavy Rain Batter Parts of New York City Region

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions