Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday morning sky

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 13:06

They say: Red sky in the morning...and predict rain in the near future - well it most likely rained somewhere, but definitely not here.
It is so dry nobody is using their wood-stove for the off chance a spark could escape and there are dead leaves and pine-straw everywhere. It is cold in the mornings and forced air heat is just not the same (and uses propane, expensive)
It certainly is a pretty picture, though, isn't it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday morning sky

Gorgeous! That's the number 2 thing I miss the most from the Coast. Number one of course, is the food. The old saying with which I grew up is:

Red sky at morning, sailors take warning
Red sky at night, sailor's delight

Guess one wouldn't want too much buffetting about on the sea in stormy weather. Take care in this dry weather. P.S. I'm not sure the alternative is all that grand. We're forecasted for very stormy weather, tornadoes, on Thursday during trick or treating time.

o

We too had several days with red morning sky and clouds and the rest of the day not a cloud in the sky. Wondered what became of that saying, you Robb, mentioned.
Today we had the heaviest fog I have seen in several years at our location and now, in the afternoon, the bushes are stille wet. We have the same weather warning as you in TN.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 18:20

Lilo, I am definitely sorry for the lack of moisture in your area and consequent fire danger, but what a glorious picture.

Our house has an east/west exposure, but b/c we are at a lower elevation than the surrounding areas, we don't often see beautiful sunrises/sunsets, per se. The surrounding, higher clouds have to be full of color for us to know one is happening!

o

Gorgeous sky and great pic. DD lives near Point Reyes, CA, and she sent a pic of her sunrise that day.
While the two of you had gorgeous skies, we here in Silicon Valley were under a huge fog bank. It is all called CA weather.
Go figure.

o

It's not gone as far as I know? It's an old Navy saying. At least, those are the sailors who told me the saying. Lovely pink sunsets are even better to me than a sunrise. It's much warmer in the evening!

o

Gorgeous pics thx for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here