Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

RIP Keegan

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

Thanks for all the good thoughts, though.

eternally slumbering

{{gwi:171895}}

Comments (28)

• lilod
    15 years ago

(((((((Robin - LF - Ed))))))
    I am so sorry! He had a long, good life and he will always be in your heart...

• mwoods
    15 years ago

Keetan was a beautiful cat Robin and I'm so sorry for your pain today. It's an awful feeling to lose a furball and you've talked about him so much I almost feel as if I've met him.

• User
    15 years ago

Robin, my condolences.

• Janis_G
    15 years ago

Robin, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Our furry little friends are a part of us in every way and it sure leaves a big hole in our hearts and lives when they
    have to say goodbye.

(((((Robin)))))) (((((LF)))))) (((((ED)))))

• sheila
    15 years ago

Robin, my heart goes out to you. This is a great loss for you and your family. What a wonderful cat he has. Keep those memories close and talk about them together.

• pamven
    15 years ago

Im my vision of heaven we will rejoin with all our furbabies. This thought keeps me going in times like this.
    Bless his sweet little heart.

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

so sorry reminds me of My Sammy. HUGS

• gandle
    15 years ago

So sorry.

• calliope
    15 years ago

I share your vision on that Pam.......I also know that one day I'll see my beloved animals again.

I awoke with a heavy feeling this morning, and was worried, because he didn't seem to respond to the IVs as quickly as I wished he had. I sat here and cried when I read your post. Keegan is in good hands, Robin........it's you who will be hurting for awhile. Please remind yourself he had a life well lived, and he was much loved. What more could any creature ask for in this world?

One of these days, when you feel up to it, and wish to talk about him....would you write his story? I am sure he has one. How did you come about bringing him into your home? What did he enjoy, or maybe share some of his funny stories. All cats have them.

I've never found a cat I didn't like. I love dogs, but cats ......well.......you are a special person if they choose you to love. ((robin))

• mawheel
    15 years ago

Robin, I am so sorry for your loss. We all were hoping and praying that Keegan would be O.K. for a while longer. Please know that many hugs are coming your way. He was such a beautiful cat and you loved him and that's what's important.

• lindajewell
    15 years ago

I am so very sorry for you loss.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Keegan will be there for you someday, but in the meantime he will always have a special spot in your heart.

• anneliese_32
    15 years ago

It's hard when you loose a beloved member of the family but one day we will meet with them again. You and your family will miss Keegan but think of how much he enriched your lives while he was with you.

(((Robin)))

• endorphinjunkie
    15 years ago

(((Robin)))

I know how hard it is to loose fur friends. But you are a strong woman, so hang in there.

Michael

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks guys for joining me on the last mile. It was hell. He's buried, blankies, toys, and cuddled into the ball I knew him as best.

His story? Thanks Suzy:
    I married my best friend. I wasn't passionate about him, but I loved him as close as I thought I could, in just the right way. But it wasn't enough. I begged and begged for a cat. I'd had a cat my whole childhood, and really needed something more. I thought a cute, sweet, cuddly little buddy would do it. I needed him (more than he needed me at this point)... like the blood in my veins, air in my lungs, skin on my muscles, needed him.

Greg gave me a keychain, a cat shape and engraveable. It was nice, but not a cat. Then I got him. Keegankitty. Greg called him Keeganbunny, as he was a soft fluffball who hopped up the stairs. He was small and sweet and clung to me as his new mommy. He needed me more than he needed anything else. I learned to take him for granted, even though he needed me like air, skin, and blood. Greg had always touted he wanted a cat who was orange (like UT) and who could headbutt as well as our good friend Jay. He even taught Keegankitty to headbutt, and I was jealous. Mucho, muy jealous. I then refused Keegan's unconditional kindness. Greg and I parted ways, as I figured out it wasn't a cat, but a husband who my other half. Greg took him with him when we parted ways. I missed my cuddler. Where was my shoulder buddy? I begged for "custody", bargaining with visitation rights, and Greg gave him to me. Life with Keegan truly began. About three months after I gained "custody" they found my tumor and I found the floor. Complete with whining, crying, pain, and emptiness. He was there. He was my shoulder buddy still. Still. I hadn't seen that in any person, or even past cats. He was amazing. He taught me to love with abandon, open armed and if I wanted love, to give love, never giving up no matter what. He was the epitome of what I wanted. And life with him has gone on since then. Cuddling, snuggling, pure unadulterated, love. Purist form I'd ever seen. He was a great teacher, and I will miss him in ways I've never missed anyone or anything. Take my home, my car, my job, but my Keegan... NO. The cat I'd had my whole entire "adult" life. I got him when I left home... up until now. I can't take this. He is my air, blood, skin, and heart. He even won Ed over; I've never done that. Did I mention he was amazing? Amazing isn't strong enough.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

and I meant to say, Pam and others...

I totally agree. I told him to keep my seat warm and I'd see him when I got there. Totally. Mom said today, at the burial, I assume he's in kitty heaven, and I said, Why would it be different than here? He'll be there when I get there. She agreed.

• nan_nc
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss, Robin, and thank you so much for sharing Keegan's story. This is a terrible time for you. Cry as much as you need to. We're all here, with shoulders available.

Starting in early childhood, many cats have chosen me over my many years, and each and every one was wholly loved. Each loved me in his or her own way. I remember them all, and remember the heartbreak when they had to leave. For whatever reason.

Think of Keegan, commemorate his life in your mind and heart. It helps, eventually.

(((Robin)))

Nancy

• husky004_
    15 years ago

Sorry for your loss Robin, keep all those good memories with you.

• coconut_nj
    15 years ago

I feel for you Robin. So very sorry.

• jazmynsmom
    15 years ago

Robin, I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the terrible stillness in your home.

• plantphreak_ca
    15 years ago

That just isn't right! I thought he was going to make it once again. How's LF handling it?

• meldy_nva
    15 years ago

To love a cat is a joy; but to be loved by a cat is an honor forever.

I am so sorry that he is no longer at your side, waiting for your touch. I do believe that his spirit is nearby, for just as you will never forget him, he will not forget you.

Hugs to all,
    meldy

• treehouse
    15 years ago

I am so sorry. Rest, beautiful kitty.

Jan

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LF is full of emotion. He hasn't cried, but he's still sad. Mostly, he's mad. I think he feels betrayed since he left for camping feeling happy and upbeat that Keegan would be there when he got home, and he wasn't. I can't get a handle on it yet, as he doesn't seem to have a handle on what he's feeling. I'll say, it's ok to be sad, and Ed can't stand to see him hurt, so he says, don't be sad. LF is just too little to understand both are ok. He'll get there.

• gloriam
    15 years ago

I am so sorry Robin for your loss, I know just what you are going though. Thanks for sharing the story of kitty, I got tears in my eyes from reading it. (((Robin)))

• andie_rathbone
    15 years ago

Robin, I'm so sorry you lost dear Keegan. I know this is very hard & my thoughts are with you.

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Robin,
    I'm so so sorry. I know how very hard it is, and I've been sitting here crying with you. I read this somewhere and maybe it will help.
    "Heaven is the place where all the animals you've ever loved come to greet you."

Joan

• Josh
    15 years ago

So sorry that you've lost your beloved and beautiful Keegan...a big piece of your family and your heart. josh

• firstkim
    15 years ago

Robin, I've just gotten back from vacation and haven't yet read the saga leading up to this terrible ending. I'll go do that next, but I'm absolutely crushed for you. How empty his special places in the house must seem right now. And how lucky you were to have someone in your life to love you so unconditionally.

(((((Robin, Ed & LF)))))

Sponsored
More Discussions