Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yippee!! Snow!

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 14:04

First snow of the season; it's wet and heavy and probably many folks will be without power before the day and night are over. I feel for them, but I'm enjoying the beauty and unexpectedness of it. The D.C. area hasn't had measurable snow in October since 1979.

For me, we've got bread, milk, bananas, toilet paper, wine, and brownies made this morning, plus chili from the freezer for supper. Right now, I'm a happy camper. :>)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yippee!! Snow!

As much as I like snow I am a little bit leary this weekend. My oldest and his g-friend drove from NH to Maryland to help with a Wounded Warrior event and have to drive back tomorrow morning in one fell swoop bescause they have to work on Monday. No fun under the best of circumstances, but with that snow in PA on the hills it's going to be hard driving.

o

Oh, I just luv the first snow of the season. It is so quiet and calming.

o

It missed us on its way East, Thank God. I don't mind it as long as I don't have to be somewhere other than in my nest. However, I may have jury duty next week. Snow complicates it for navigating my fuel efficient, but horrible on ice, little red toaster of a car.

o

Hard to imagine. It's hot and dry here at the moment.

Snow sounds lovely to me, but not the power outages.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here