Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iy is really me under a new alias

Posted by lilosophie California Twilight (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 14:27

Somehow my password or something else in my member registration got corrupted and I wasn't able to log in, seemed easy to fix, I emailed Tamara and she answered, then I had three days of storms and heavy rains, my ISP was down and message didn't get through, frustrating, incomprehensible.
Tamara re-set my account, but it still would not accept my password and would no let me reset a password...grrr
So decided to register as a new member, what an experience! To fill out the application, oy! Could not use my birth-year, (born in 1924) and the menu showed that and older, but when I submitted the application it was rejected because "please indicate a valid birthdate" and then the menu stopped at 1930 :)
I think it would be easier to register to get into the files at Homeland Security.
Anyway, now I am Lilosophie and she is doing the quotes plain Lilo had committed to on Oct.23 to 30
And post messages whenever I have something to say.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iy is really me under a new alias

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 14:38

Lilo, I'm always glad to read your posts, no matter what name they're under!

o

Thank you, mwheel, I am really glad to be back, it was weird to be rejected by the very first forum I ever joined

o

Will still call you lilo, you were here in 98, think you were here when I showed up but have no idea when I same on. Know we anted up was it $15 a year?

o

Glad that you are back, no matter what the name. Getting cut off can make one grumpy, at would me. The bright side of the whole experience, you are now at least 6 years younger, LOL.

o

Hi lilo, welcome back by whatever name. I went through the same thing when I tried to change my email addy.I gave up and kept the same email.
I don't know why it is so diffecult to sign up at Garden Web.

o

It is funny, I'm sure they are attempting to protect personal privacy, but apparently the spammers and trolls have no problem signing up and posting at will.

o

Well hello lilosphie. :^) Did you recently get a new computer?

o

No, I didn't get a new computer, don't know why it happened, maybe I was just overstaying my welcome as lilod? and my password really could have used a change. Don't think it was my computer, think it was iVillage/Gardenweb's system that erred, but no matter, change is good.
Personal achievement today: I walked around the pond, not all that big a walk, but on one side 35% grade going down (dirt-path) on the other side 35% grade going up - driveway (road-base) - making big progress!

o

Three cheers for Lilo. That grade is hard for most people, not to talk about age and broken hip. You are doing great.

o

I always enjoy reading your posts no matter what name you use.

o

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

o

Curious how the Sophie part was chosen.

o

Sophie is my middle name, after my Godmother, Tante Sophie, but she called herself Sonja, the Russian version of Sophie, she thought it was classier

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here