Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Wasn't ready part 2

gandle
11 years ago

Been snowing hard all day. Wasn't ready.

Comments (8)

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

I imagine no one is ever ready for drastic weather changes, except perhaps the ski resort owners and operators.
    Our excessive heat-wave broke and actually I was more than ready for that. Last two weeks the sun seemed so much hotter, and no wonder, our humidity had gone to from 18% to as low as 5%, everything just scorched.
    Now it's cloudy and cool and I can smell the moisture in the air, rain is predicted for beginning of next week - I am more than ready

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

I may not be ready for snow, but I'm ready for a rainy day.
    I heard pitter patter on the patio this morning and when I looked outside, the patio was wet. On closer inspection (in the dark), I found that one of the soaker hoses had sprung a giant leak and was "raining" all over the place.
    Hopefully, mother nature would take a cue and send some real rain.

• Janis_G
    11 years ago

SNOW!!

My ears and eyes are covered.

• gandle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Weather gal says 18 degrees tonight. Supposed to open the museum tomorrow. I'll open it but might close it in an hour or so. Don't heat the building so may be a tad uncomfortable.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Turned the heater on this morning but no frost yet. Covered up a couple of tomato bushes and peppers again and most likely tonight too, since it's getting warmer again on Tuesday for a week or so, says the Weatherbug. It is snowing dogwood leaves here and this morning I heard geese overhead but could not make out if they were just moving between a pond and a lake or migrating. The cat is getting her winter fur.

• lindac
    11 years ago

Ack!!!!!....I am not too far east of you!!!...NOT YET!!!!!
    But we are so very very dry....would really welcome moisture in whatever form.

• meldy_nva
    11 years ago

Only a few trees have turned color, a few leaves fallen, acorns are just starting to drop... we aren't ready for snow!

Temps down to forty the past couple nights, but I haven't gotten the down quilt out of storage yet. I know, I know, it's just about that time; but I'm not ready for any of the white, icy parts of winter.

A bluejay has taken up company with some of the doves, sharing space if not food. Yesterday, they were sitting on top the grape arbor, all staring hopefully at the spot where the tray feeder spent last winter. If avian-style positive thinking has any power, that tray should soon re-appear.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Only a few leaves have turned and fallen so far this year.
    Last year was a different story at this time. DD, GS and DH getting ready for a leaf toss. Plenty of leaves.

Sponsored
Above Board Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Custom Deck & Outdoor Enclosure Solutions in Loudoun County
More Discussions