Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fun chicken video

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 18:02

Lol, a fun video about chickens. Makes me smile. Turn on the music.
I hope you enjoy it.

Here is a link that might be useful: The chicken whisperer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fun chicken video

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 18:28

That was cute, wg, and the music was very nice. I don't usually think of chickens as pretty, but these were good looking "birds". (Are chickens birds? I know they're fowl, but also birds? I could look this up on the 'net, but don't really care that much!)

o

ROTF. mwheel , good questions. I think I saw a Rooster in there somewhere. Is he called a "chicken". I don't know.
Anyway, the maker of the video called them all chickens.
Glad you thought it was cute. And liked the music.

This post was edited by west_gardener on Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 19:20

o

Nice looking Chickens - technically they are all chickens, the girls are hens and the boy is a rooster. Of course, they are birds and they are Fowl, so are ducks and turkeys. If you ever have to muck out their quarters, you know why they are called fowl LOL

o

Reminds me of my favorite picture of my father. He is sitting on the doorstoop to the shed, a chicken on his lap, another one on his shoulder and the rest standing or sitting around on a peaceful afternoon.
Thanks for the memory trip past - long past.

Lilo, I agree with your reason why they are called fowl!

o

Amen on why they are called fowl! Should have been spelled foul - IMHO...........

o

Thanks for the clarification of chicken terms.
When I was a kid, we saw the pigeons (sp) in the square, Those fowl left foul stuff.
anneliese, my grandfather would have loved to sit with chickens all around him, but alas we lived in the city. Chicken were not allowed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here