Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

We couldn't buy anything

gandle
13 years ago

Went to an auction this morning at Stockville NE. Population about 30, but it is the county seat of Frontier county about the only thing there besides decaying buildings is the courthouse which looks like it was built in the late 1800's.

There were 3 auctioneers calling this sale things this family had collected over the years and they musthave been compulsive collectors.

There were 12 Mr. Peanut jars full of marbles and one of the jars sold for $160 most though brought in the $30s and $40s.

Some glassware went for hundreds of dollars and othersthat looked about like it went for practically nothing.

There was a box of doorknobs of about every kind you could imaagine. I bid up to $15 but it went for $30. Bid on a couple of Sears catalogs dating from the 30's but they were wanted by people who wanted them worse than we.

Bid on an old rusty hay knife bid $10 but again someone wanted it worse than I.

Anyway the food was pretty good at the food stand run by the womens club. Pies were delicious and everything was obviuosly made in some local kitchen.. Imagine most of the women in the club were farm ladies located near this village.

We didn't stay to see the Harley-Davidson or the trucks sold. Therte was so much stuff that even the 3 auctioneers couldn't finish today and I'll bet all 3 are busy all day tomorrow.

It was an enjoyable drive through the canyon country and even though we didn't buy anything we had a good time.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions