Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
He is easily entertained

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 21:13

George sat on the floor with an insulated cooler and a stuffed bear and worked at it for an hour. Of course, our 14 month old GGdaughter was helping him. She is such a sweetheart and I almost envy him for the play time.

By the way. he did a remodel on our kitchen cupboards and everything looks quite new. He probably shouldn't be on a ladder but YOU tell him not to. I have new lights under the cupboards, those xenon low volts ones. He made a shallow box that looks just like the cupboard bottoms and hid the wiring in there. New floor, ceiling all redone and new fronts on cabinets and drawers. Well pleased and all in an old Sears house

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: He is easily entertained

I am happy for you, Leone. Old Sears Houses are treasures, in my area they fetch a fancy price. Bet you love your new kitchen, having proper lights makes everything so much easier.
I'm sure you have fun with the GGrand Daughter too - enjoy

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 13:59

Leone, how wonderful that you and George can enjoy your GGDaughter. 14 months is such a cute age; our littlest one will be five months old on Monday. We've gotten to see her only twice in that time --thank goodness for pictures over the 'net.

Your new kitchen sounds very nice; under-cabinet lighting is so helpful.

o

Leone, I envy you your kitchen. Besides being small, mine could use a serious overhaul but I don't have a handy husband, if he takes a hammer in his hand I run for the First Aid kit.
Have not had a little one in the house for a long time, at least not one in the family.
Over on the KT is a lady who is very much interested in Sears Homes, wrote a book about them. I think her name is Rosemary.....? (don't remember her whole name but she is forever looking for leads to Sears homes).

o

G'pas are special people and I suspect George is an especially neat one to have around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here