Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Tomorrow is it for the year.

gandle
12 years ago

I worked at the museum yesterday and will close it tomorrow. We don't heat it and already it is quite uncomfortable in the mornings. Temps in the 20's. Will open April 1 next spring. Intend to still be here but as the old quote goes, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans".

First visitor yesterday was a young man from Romania, learned more from him than I imparted. Later I had a family from, well, I'll list where they signed the guest register. He listed his name then following was this Chwech Maes-Yr-Haf Abertowe Cymru. Yeah, I know what Cymru is but I was very busy at that time and didn't get to talk to them as I wanted to. If you get 10 or 12 people in that log cabin and are trying to talk about pony express and run the gift shop at the same time it usually is the time spent with the visitor that gets the short end.

I'm always amazed at the number of people that get off the interstate to visit us and even at this late date we get as many as 75 visitors daily. A good many of them now are older couples from northern Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin going south. They all want to buy some souvenir for grandkids. Wish we had a larger selection that wasn't made in China.

DD and SIL were with us all day, they are moving from the sandhills of Nebraska to far south-west Missouri. He is a heavy equipment operator and they bought a 7 acre place, she says about 5 acres trees and brush. They both say they won't miss the sandhill winters but not sure their hearts will ever leave there.

About all I have left from kitchen remodeling is quarter round. It is all cut and beveled and primed. Will let Leone do the final coat of paint then will install.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!
More Discussions