Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Introducing my new pup Theo!

Posted by frogged 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 22:21

Thought I would share some pics of my new puppy. This is Theo almost five months old, some type of cocker spaniel with a few other things mixed in. I found him through pet finder, he was being fostered by a local resuce group and tonight I got to bring him home. So far he has found a pencil, a small bolt, my camera, remote control, and the small trash can with wrappers in it, my slippers, socks in the hammper, oh and my potted plant. And this is with me in the room with him. He has broken in a new squeek toy, chewie ball, and a raw hide. One walk in and things went well. He hasn't met any of the doggie cousins yet but this will happen soon enough. I have not had a puppy since I was a kid, so Im learning all over what this is going to be like. Lots of energy and playing, but right now he is sprawled out on the other end of the couch snoring (loudly)away.
Theo four 5mth Theo three 5nths Theo two 5mthsTheo one
Really excited to have a dog in the house again, it just doesn't seem like home with out one. Frogged.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Introducing my new pup Theo!

Never had a house-dog but miss our little cat. Steve s.

o

Angle and Beauregard say "Woof!"

o

Congratulations. Must be puppy season! At five months, he must be (mostly) house trained. I can't imagine having a puppy without the help of an older dog(s) to drain energy and teach manners. Did he come with any tricks or training?

o

Hello Theo, glad you joined the ranks of the pets around here. He looks like lots of fun.

o

A really cute puppy. His acquisition list made me chuckle... having a puppy in the house will really keep you on your toes! I think the main difference between canine and human toddlers is that there is more breakage with toddlers and more deep-impression chewing with pups. Both are going to require you to do a careful inspection and relocation of knick-knacks.

Have fun with the training; he looks very intelligent.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 14:07

It looks as if he's going to fit nicely in that big easy chair. :>)

o

Hello, so I am very happy to say that there have been no accidents, or chewed belongings. He knows how to sit and his name most of the time. He is used to walking on a leash but we will need to work on his manners here. Being a proud new dog mom I have to say that I think he seems very smart. It would have been my choice to have my last dog Spud train this new pup on how to be a good dog( cause I thought he was the best dog in the world) But his last year he was diagnosed with bone cancer and I didn't want to have a wild new dog upsetting him. After I had to euthanised Spud the house was very empty so now I have Theo. I think he will be a good boy full of his own unique charms. Theo says Woof back <-:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here