Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 11 - 18 - 11

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 1:07

A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.
J. P. Morgan

Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Steve Jobs

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.
W. Clement Stone

Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.
Paul Hawken

High expectations are the key to everything.
Sam Walton

Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself.
Henry Ward Beecher

The exercise of power is determined by thousands of interactions between the world of the powerful and that of the powerless, all the more so because these worlds are never divided by a sharp line: everyone has a small part of himself in both.
Vaclav Havel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 11 - 18 - 11

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 13:27

Gee whiz, Don, your quotes this week have really made me think. There is so much truth in every one of them. Thanks for stimulating my brain. :>)

o

I was noticing as I found these that the quoted people are mostly originators of businesses that became bigger than them and some are now run by others that seem to see and do differently than them. Wondering what their dreams were as they progressed and what they wanted as a legacy to be remembered by.

o

Yes, great quotes, Don.
There are lot of "originators" and visionaries here in Silicon Valley. There are "business" parks that cater to start-ups. The buildings have moveable walls to to fit every size of business. If you start out as a one person business you can stay where you are and grow your business anyway you want.
At some point the "originators" find out that they need help in running their business and there are plenty of business managers.
As far as what people want as their legacy, I don't know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here