Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving - Thursday November 24, 2011

Posted by coconut-nj 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 24, 11 at 1:13

Thanksgiving Day Old Postcard

Ah! on Thanksgiving day....
When the care-wearied man seeks his mother once more,
And the worn matron smiles where the girl smiled before.
What moistens the lips and what brightens the eye?
What calls back the past, like the rich pumpkin pie?
~John Greenleaf Whittier

On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence. ~William Jennings Bryan

If the white man wants to live in peace with the Indian, he can live in peace...
Treat all men alike. Give them all the
same law. Give them all an even chance
to live and grow.All men were made by
the same Great Spirit Chief.
They are all brothers. The Earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it....
Let me be a free man,free to travel,
free to stop,free to work,free to trade where I choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers,free to think and talk and act for myself, and I will obey every law, or submit to the penalty.
Heinmot Tooyalaket ( Chief Joseph), Nez Perce Leader

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Enjoy your loved ones, good food and good health, today and in future.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving - Thursday November 24, 2011

Happy thanksgiving back atcha, coconut - love and blessing to you and Christie

o

Thank you, coconut, for the inspiring quotes and good wishes this week. Have a fantstic day.

o

Thank you.

o

I loved your quotes today,Coke. Hope you and Christie have a wonderful day and with your talent in the kitchen,how could it be anything else?

o

Thanks for the Thanksgiving greetings and quotes. Very nice.

o

Photobucket

I had the quotes for Thanksgiving week last year. I wanted to find some of the Thanksgiving postcards that I had posted so I dug this thread up. It made me cry to see Marda's ever sweet response. So, I bring this up in her memory.

I am so thankful for having known Marda. I made a good move when I followed g'ann's suggestion to come to the Party all those years ago. I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks, but have been only lurking for a while. Carpal tunnel has been affecting me. Don't doubt though how thankful I am to know all you invisible people.

I'm thankful for having Christy for the past 32 years and very thankful for our wonderful bunch of animal companions.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

o

Good morning, Coconut
What a nice surprise to see your post this morning, a bittersweet moment to see Marda's post, she will always be missed.
Sorry to read you were in the hospital, hope all the issues that put you there have been resolved.
Do try to drop in sometimes, we will be interested you read your "Sandy" experiences, I'm sure you had some.
Have a wonderful holiday, peace, love and blessings

o

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all on GardenParty!

When I saw Gandle's thread last week, it made think of past Thanksgivings and I missed marda terribly! I thought I'd posted to it, but I must've gotten lost looking at past threads. I too, am thankful for all of my friends, including, and especially, cyber. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here