Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday November 20, 2011

Posted by coconut-nj 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 2:37

As I was thinking about doing the quotes this week of Thanksgiving I had some conflicting thoughts. I appreciate and encourage thankfulness for many things be expressed on Thanksgiving as well as part of daily life. I thought of the first few Thanksgivings and as usual I think of the role the Native People had in that meal, as well as in the survival of the colony/colonies. So, this week I'll be picking some favorite Thanksgiving quotes and also including some Native American quotes as well.

Quite a few years ago I painted this as a Thanksgiving card. I wanted to capture the stone silo's before they disappeared. Sadly, they are gone now. You might be able to spot the Happy Thanksgiving erased up top on this picture. Smiles.
Photobucket

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
So long as mists envelop you, be still;
be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
-- as it surely will.
Then act with courage
Ponca Chief White Eagle (1800's to 1914)

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. ~Aesop

None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy. ~Fred De Witt Van Amburgh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday November 20, 2011

WOW! what a way to start Thanksgiving week. You are obviously a talented person. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Just beautiful, coconut!

Not yet very familiar with this forum, I've been scratching my head at how few "posts" there are here, especially considering the amount of people who introduced themselves. Now it is obvious that these quotes ARE posts. Thanks so much, coconut, for sharing these thoughts and the beautiful painting.

o

So beautiful, coconut, what a reat start to my day!

o

Good quotes and great art. Is it watercolor?

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 14:35

Coconut, what a wonderful way to start the week; I'm looking forward to every day's quotes. The title of this morning's sermon was "Thanksgiving: Gratitude or Attitude". Your *gratitude* quotes add to what I heard.

Your Thanksgiving card is lovely.

o

Thanks for a great start to the Thanksgiving week.
Wonderful artwork.

o

Yes Don, it's a watercolor with some pen and ink, done on watercolor paper.

Thanks everyone, and you're welcomed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here