Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 11 - 27

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 5:36

When you learn something from people, or from a culture, you accept it as a gift, and it is your lifelong commitment to preserve it and build on it.
Yo-Yo Ma

Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.
Niccolo Machiavelli

The best way to get husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they are too old to do it.
Shirley MacLaine

A person who knows how to laugh at himself will never ceased to be amused.
Shirley MacLaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 11 - 27

Raining here in Baltimore County. Shirley McLane was always a cracker upper.

o

All are very good, but Shirley McLane is down to earth good.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 8:42

It's snowing here in Berkeley County, Steve. It should be only a little over an inch, but that's enough to make the roads slippery.

Shirley McLaine is going to be in the 3rd season (on PBS) of "Downton Abbey", which starts in early January. The show is wonderful, as it is now, but I know she'll add another element of enjoyment to it. I'm really looking forward to it.

o

But Machiavelli was of the mindset that a prince must rule with an iron fist-squash the rest into oblivion. Knowing this changes how I view his statements. It may or may not for others. His bigger problem is that he lived through the Borgias. He didn't think society should be without a prince, he espoused hatred for hereditary princes. A prince who took power was best. Very tainted view.

Shirley is an excellent example of laughter as the best medicine and she's an excellent healer.

o

Surprise, I picked the political quote. And I agree that:

"Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli".
Some people are praying to a false god, the almighty $$.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here