Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Qutes, 11/28/13

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 5:44

Thanksgiving dinner takes eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Halftime takes twelve minutes. This is not coiincidence.
Erma Brombeck

What we are really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no on diets I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?
Erma Brombeck

Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankkfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.
John Henry Jowett

I have a lot to be thankful for this year, Two weeks ago at this time I left for surgery, not too sure that I would be able to quote, cook and enjoy Thanksgiving and three family membes who lost their jobs all got better ones. I also give thanks to all the nice people and friends in the world, there are still a lot of them left, despite the daily news, who make life enjoyable.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Qutes, 11/28/13

Erma Brombeck certainly had a way with words. Glad you posted quotes from her, she makes me laugh.
DH and I are watching the Raiders-Cowboys game, it is the first time we have ever watched football on Thanksgiving. Family is spread out this year, so it's just the two of us. DD and GS is coming to visit tomorrow.

anneliese, I'm so glad you had a happy outcome and that you and yours are doing well.

o
RE: Qutes, 11/28/13

The Erma Bombeck quotes crack me up!
Thankfulness never gets out of style, does it?
I am so glad that you are recovering, Anneliese, happy you are delighting us with quotes. Sorry I didn't get to comment yesterday,
I meant to and got side-tracked

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here