Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3rd November Quote

Posted by calliope 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 6:17

My father had taught me to be nice first, because you can always be mean later, but once you've been mean to someone, they won't believe the nice anymore.

Laurell K. Hamilton

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3rd November Quote

This should be taught to every child, unfortunately lots of them learn the other way around, mostly from observing their elders.

o

Nice never hurt anyone. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Excellent quote, but
Anneliese is correct, that's too bad.

o

I start out being nice and I continue to be nice as long as I'm being treated nice. But I have no qualms about being "assertive".but not nasty, when need be. I can be very direct.

One of my favorite movies is "Steel Magnolias " and the saying "Lord luv a duck".

o

I love your quote!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here