Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, 11/26/13

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 6:25

Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary.
Kahil Gibran

If a child is to keep his inborn sense of wonder, it nees the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscover with it the joy, sentiment and mystery of the world we live in.
Rachel Carson

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
Jawaharlal Nehru

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, 11/26/13

I agree with all of them, every day has at least some adventure in it, if one just looks for it

o
RE: Quotes, 11/26/13

I really like all three quotes, but especially the second one.

Reminds me when our grandson was about 4yo, and he was into bugs. Whenever we went somewhere, he was looking for bugs.
Walking down the sidewalk, he'd spot an ant crawling out of a crack , crouch down and follow it all the way, until it was gone, and tell me all about it. We stopped for a lot of ants. Sometimes it would takes us a very long time to take a short walk, but it was worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here