Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quoe, 11/12/11

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 6:57

There are not enough days in the weekend.
Rod Schmidt

There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends.
Arnot Sheppard

Middle age is when you are sitting at home on Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it's not for you.
Ogden Nash

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quoe, 11/12/11

Happy Birthday Steve. You are 82 now and when the phone rings you can be pretty sure it's a Drs office making sure you keep your appointment. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Happy Birthday, Steve! Yes, things slow down a little bit, don't they? On the other hand, I like the fact that I can take a day off anytime I feel like it, don't have to depend on the weekend. I think when the phone rings at my house, it's always someone wanting to fix my mortgage (have none) or improve the interest rate on my credit cards LOL

o

Happy Birthday To You!

o

Happy Birthday from me too. Take good care of yourself and celebrate.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 14:40

Steve, HAPPPY BIRTHDAY from me, too. Hope it's a great one and that a great year will follow it. Eat some cake for me, please!

o
RE: Quote, 11/12/11-Addendum

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 14:50

Lilo, I agree with you: any day of the week can be like a "weekend" day, when one is of a "certain age". :>)

When the phone rings in our house, if I'm not home to answer it, it's very frustrating for DH. It takes him several tries to get out of his chair; by the time he gets to the phone the caller has either hung up without leaving a message or is in the midst of leaving one. I tell him if it's important, they'll call back, but like Pavlov's dog, it's hard to break old habits. Guess we need to get another cordless phone.

o

Happy Birthday

o

One day melts into the next and any semblance of organization has no power to differentiate. It is the minor adventures that give an anchor to reference from. The major ones bring all together. Happy birthday Steve.

o

Yo...........am I glad I checked in tonight or I would have missed Steve's b'day. Have a good one, fellow. You deserve it!

Anneliese.....thanks for the great quotes this week. I like having a couple of them to pick from each day 'cause if one doesn't plunk my magic twanger, the other does.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here