Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mawheel

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

mawheel
11 years ago

Good morning! It's 29 degrees on a clear, cloudless blue sky; the sun just peaked over the roof tops ten minutes ago, and it's a beautiful day. If you were one of the brave souls who braved the all-night shopping sprees, I hope you got what you wanted. I preferred being toasty and warm in bed, but hey, "different strokes for different folks"

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday with friends, family, and way too much good food. I know my family and I did; now, the question is what to do with all the left-overs? Most of it will go home with our kids, but there will still be more left than DH and I will want to eat. Thank goodness, again, for the freezer!

Comments (6)

• shymilfromchi
    11 years ago

We had such a good Thanksgiving that I can't imagine anyone leaving the party just to stand in a long line at a big box store.

Our DD and hostess had invited people from such different backgrounds to join our family and old friends. There was an old time hippy, who turned out to be so well read in everything from Sci-fi to the classics. There was not a topic discussed that he wasn't knowledgeable about. Mellisa from Ghana, tall, statesque, and full of laughter, unexpectedly had a English accent that showed her years of studying at Queen's college in London. Candy, who felt that her Chinese name was too difficult for Americans to pronounce, was fascinated by everything in our country. She wanted to know more about our history, our holidays, and how we happened to have a day set aside to feel thankful for all the good things in our lives. It was so interesting to learn about their countries from their prospective, rather than what we hear on the media.

• Castaway_Kitty
    11 years ago

I was invited to a friend of a friend's house. Met some nice new people. Had a traditional dinner on the deck overlooking the sunset and the ocean. It was lovely! They even sent me home with a turkey dinner for my kitty.

No shopping for me today, I'm working. There's no big shopping event here on the island, not like back in the states. But the local outdoor shopping mall is having a party with a live band and a fashion show!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and still feeling thankful!

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Yesterday: the table is set - reminders of those gone before us - serving pieces from Grandmother Ducommun, plates and silver from Grandmother Baker (SIL Brian's Grandmom) small bread-plates from Grandmother Ducommun - it added nostalgia to the meal, also looked good.
    Centerpiece from Casa Lilo's property: Redwood branches, pyracantha berries and Coyote brush
    Meal was deliscious: Appetizers from Joann, Turkey and mashed potatoes from me, dressing, green beans and home-made cranberry sauce from Linda, Wine from Brian's place of work: Montelena Winery in Napa County - GS Trevor: camera man
    And a good time was had by all

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Went to an old inn that was built in 1950ties in an orchard that was started in 1907, now that is old for silicon valley. The orchards are gone but the original inn is still there.
    The spread was incredible. Something for everyone.
    DD had to work, so she and grandson will be here tomorrow for a make-up Thanksgiving.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

From a planned dinner for two, it went to four at noon when dinner at youngest son's house moved to 6:30 PM because of work schedules. The four went to seven when a neighbor got sick and her kids were in need of dinner. Would have been weird if we had a normal day on Thanksgiving.
    Today is hubby's birthday and tomorrow guest clear out and things go back to normal.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Thanksgiving was full of food, I enjoyed all of it, but today I went back to "normal". Chicken tenders, rice and kale.cooked in my new green pans, with minimal oil.
    I'm looking forward to Christmas food, but after that I'll go back to my "normal".

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions