Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gloriam_gw

Checking in on all of you.....

gloriam
11 years ago

I had to come back to The Garden Party to see if everyone one was ok and safe. I knew MR lived in New York City, glad to see she is safe. We here in Penna were darn lucky that Sandy turned south or we would have got her. Thank God we were spared, only wish that NYC and NJ would not have been hit. This was terrible, all the homes and beaches and lives that was lost. Just terrible, stay safe everyone. Prayers to all.

Comments (9)

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Thank you for checking in! I am glad you were spared the worst of it, I am so lucky I live on the West Coast, at least right now, wonder what Mother Nature has in store for us here, but don't want to worry and bring it on :)
    I have relatives in New Jersey, right by the shore, and they have been pummeled, no power and trees down and lots of water everywhere.
    Hope to see you every once in a while; it has been so quiet here.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Glad your area was spared; we feel very fortunate here in our area of WV's Panhandle that we didn't get blasted, b/c locations not too far from us got hit, not anywhere on the scale of NY and NJ, but still much more than they wanted or needed.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

I was waiting until others saw, but now that they have...

Good to see you! How's life treating you Gloria?

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    11 years ago

Been on our generator since Monday night. Just got internet access back this afternoon. Had the step-offspring and the grandchildren staying - one lot now returned home, other lot still here; so it's been interesting to say the least. Nothing to do with wanting to be with Dad - it's all about the lure of the generator.
    Lost a tree - neighbours lost 4. Town is pretty messy but we'll get re-connected in another 4 days or so.

My aunt-in-law lives at the Jersey Shore - been looking at aerial photos of where her house ought to be, and I think it's probably gone. However, she's safely at her son's, which is the important thing.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

sara_the_brit_, you are one of the heros. You gathered the family, made it work somehow, understand what's going on and make it work.
    Thanks for posting

• gloriam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rob333, is your name Robin? Well you asked how life is,
    well life is good except my hubby Herb has to have open
    heart surgery on Nov. 19. He had a seziure on Sept. 14,
    when he went to O.C.MD for bike week and was in the hospital there for a day. He just found out there he has hb presure
    so he takes pills for that, he had other tests and xrays
    done when he came home and they found the heart problems.
    He is having a double bypass and his valve is leaking.
    So this is being done in a hospital 25 minutes away from us.
    Because of our insurance. We just meet the surgeon today, he seems very nice. But today being at this hospital just over welmed me. I was a mess and had to take a nerve pill. Was glad to get home to my safe haven. Never thought I would ever feel this way. But things will go well I hope.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Gloria, I hope things will go well for you and your husband. Your feelings of being overwhelmed are certainly natural; you must feel as if you've been "brosd-sided". Prayers and caring thoughts are on the way to you and him.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Yes, Robin :)

OCMD, Ocean City, Maryland?! They were hit hard by the hurricane, right? I hope things went well for your husband. Let us know. You're in my prayers.

Sara! Glad you reported in. I heard on another forum CT got hit pretty hard too. Alll we ever hear about down here is NYC and some about New Jersey. But I knew loads more people are affected. So your house is ok and everyone is there? Sounds pretty good, all things considered. (((Sara and all of her family)))

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    11 years ago

Thank you - we got our power back yesterday afternoon, although apparently we may lose it temporarily as the line to the house may need replacing. School is still closed, but we're all slowly getting back to normal.

Sponsored
Above Board Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Custom Deck & Outdoor Enclosure Solutions in Loudoun County
More Discussions