Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

That looks funny

gandle
13 years ago

George doesn't need any aids for walking in the house but outside he uses a walker when he goes on his daily walks.

The funny thing his crazy cat walks about 2 feet behind him on his entire walk. She won't cross a street but will wait for him to come back.

I was raking leaves this week and he was walking in front of our home when a woman we know slowed her pickup down and yelled at him. Can't afford a dog huh. It really does look silly to have a cat plodding along behind him .

Comments (13)

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Leone, that is funny! God love that cat! Good for George that can get his walk, no matter what he needs to do it.

• lilod
    13 years ago

What a considerate cat! Mine will plop themselves in front of the walker, daring me to run them over, so far it didn't happen.

• gabriell_gw
    13 years ago

Sounds to me that the cat is devoted to George. That's so sweet.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

What a great cat. I bet if George would get into trouble, the cat would hightail it home and let you know.

• pkramer60
    13 years ago

Could it be that no one ever told the cat it was one?

• tibs
    13 years ago

I use to go for walks with my one cat. We would play tag and chase, too. Fortunately for my image as a serious adult, this took place on an abandoned railroad track screened by overgrown scrub.

• jazmynsmom
    13 years ago

The mental image I now have is purely delightful!

• meldy_nva
    13 years ago

I've always had cats accustomed to walking on a leash, although some never quite understood why I wouldn't climb a tree with them.

When Trina was young she followed DD to the bus stop a few times. Going after her to retrieve her the third time, I had to laugh... she was not only sitting behind a tree, leaning around the trunk to watch DD -- she had dragged her (unattached) leash along.

Tell George to enjoy it, she's watching over him every moment.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    13 years ago

Years ago, I had a dog and three cats. When I would walk the dog (on a leash), all three cats would walk along, trying to get as close to Banjo as they could. It was absolutely hilarious to behold from behind.

Dorie

• andie_rathbone
    13 years ago

We've got a couple of cats who walk right along iwth me when I walk the dog. I guess they like the company, plus the little scritches they get when the dog stops to do his thing.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Is there any way to get a cat used to a collar and/or harness so that she may be taken for a walk? She wants to go outside so badly, but she's never been an outside cat and we don't want to just let her out to roam around. The few times I've tried to put a collar on her, she's gone berserk!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

Maggie Moo is absoluley trained to a harness. She loves to go for a walk and everyone loves to pet her. Murphy refuses. So it can happen. Or maybe Murphy just hates that the harness is pink and has rhinestones on it.

:)

Keegan followed me wherever I told him to, but never put a collar, harness, or anything else on his neck. He just stuck close. All my cats are trained to come when called. Keegan and Murphy are/were trained to do more like "sit" or "up" (which means put your paws in the air like you're begging and I'll pick you up). I've trained Maggie less because she had a hard enough life. She knows "No", to come out of whatever she's in/follow me when I say "'mon!" or out "Outside" means I'm putting on the harness. Up for her means "You are welcome to come up on the couch." Cats are very trainable.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Robin, thanks for your input. Our Maggie was three years old when we got her, and had never worn a collar or harness. It may be a little late to train her, now. However, we know how smart she is, b/c she's really got US trained to do her bidding. Our household revolves around her, except for bedtime. At ten p.m. I put her in the guest room and close the door for the night. DH gets up around four a.m. and we're afraid he might trip over her and fall if she were roaming around. She gets out at six, when I get up. It's hard enough not to step on her in the daytime, b/c she's under our feet a lot, but is so quiet, we don't know she's there--till we almost step on her. So, we're sure it could be a problem at night.

Sponsored
More Discussions