Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found a use for WalMart

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 1, 10 at 14:39

We had an early appointment in North Platte this AM and after that Leone wanted to check in WalMat fabric Dept. to see if they had anything like she wanted. After checking at other stores and not finding what she wanted, well, she didn't find it there either.

When we went in the greeter took my cane and gave me one of those electic carts to ride in, while Leone was in the fabric dept. I just happened to go down the candy aisle and was surprised to find Licorice All-Sorts. Have had a serious addiction to them for years and had to order them from Vermont Country store. Couldn't find them anywhere near here. Bought 4 11 ounce packages of them, ought to hold me for a week or so. Suppose they should be spelled Liquorice All-Sorts since they are made in England.

Swore I wouldn't ever go in Wal-Mart again after an unpleasant event there several years ago but may have to go back on that vow if they carry Licorice All-Sorts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found a use for WalMart

Oh, Gandle, I feel your...ambivalence?

About once a week, I swear that, if I live long enough to see an economy in which I don't have to squeeze *every* penny, I'll never set foot in that store again.

but...

This past week-end I had sinus problems & couldn't taste anything, so my best neighbor brought me some spiced apple cider mix from You Know Where.

had to get a box of that stuff this morning!

o

Licorice All-Sorts are a powerful draw, George. But resist...continue to give your business to good ole' Vermont Store. I too am a Licorice All-Sorts lover.

o

I'm also a fan of Licorice All-Sorts. There are all sorts of places that sell it here in the valley. I apply the "squeeze" test to see if it is fresh and squishy. I don't buy stale All-Sorts. If Walmart, has fresh All-Sorts, I'll buy it there. If not, I'll buy it somewhere else.

o

We love them too but never to Walmart. Luckily we can get them in our grocery store. You sure can't eat just one,can you?

o

The yellow with the black center.

o

Yes!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 18:00

I think I'm glad I don't like licorice! Probably another example of not knowing what I'm missing!

o

Resist! Resist! They are the dark side!

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 19:11

Dd and her main squeeze, (actually the only squeeze and will probably be THE squeeze) are always popping into the W store at all hours of the day/night. I think in rural areas it is the only entertainment sometimes.

o

No it isn't. I'd rather tip cows are wave at passing cars. Or they could take up whittling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here