Love it!

o
RE: Some more Ogden Nash on food.

Right on!!! Steve S.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 17, 10 at 17:47

I tried to reply to this earlier this afternoon, but my computer was acting up and it wouldn't post. What I said was: "OMG, George, chicken is the preferred protein in my house! Will I ever be able to eat it again without thinking about this poem?!!!"

I have a silly (perhaps) but VERY real phobia about all things "creepy crawlerish" -- and Ogden Nash's poem doesn't help one little bit! However, as always, he was very witty. :>)

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 18, 10 at 1:19

It's funny how many unusual foods are described as "tastes like chicken" wonder if chicken tastes like chicken?
and chicken what? Fried? Baked? Caccitore? Maybe it's because chicken is so versatile.

o

rattlesnake really does taste like chicken. I had it once when I was teenager and we were living in Arizona.It was just kind of bland,like chicken but I'm remembering it as a little more salty.

o

Lol, it's a good thing that Ogden Nash did not have to be in a survival situation. I've eaten snakes and eels and both have the texture and taste of chicken.
I agree about the "ripe pomegranite." quote, IMO, it has the pucker factor or 10+ no matter how ripe it is. There are boxes of free fruit all over the place around here.

o

Is "It tastes like chicken" an American food preference? I don't remember a similar comparison in German or in Britisch literature. For me it means that I hope it don't tast like chicken.

o

Ogden Nash is a long time favorite of mine. I've loved his clever "poems" since I was a kid, although I think they might more properly be called "limericks". I'll have to look up he definition.

o
RE: Not a limerick

I checked it out - this is not a limerick. A limerick consists of five lines only...I learn something new every day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here