Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharing my blog

Posted by maymo 6a MI (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 13, 10 at 15:52

(Sorry if this is a repost; I didn't see my post show up). Shamelessly self-promoting here but I thought I'd take a chance and share my blog with all of you. I started it just over a month ago and I'm trying to "get it out there". It's humor/teacher stuff and I think, quite unique. I am just a lurker on this board so I really appreciate your time. Feel free to comment on my blog and I'm wide open to any constructive criticism you may have. And if you really like it; you can get a subscription! HAHA but seriously, if you know any teachers please send it on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read it to the Class! blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharing my blog

I'm a retired teacher and am just wondering how any of these kids would feel if they saw their private notes on the Internet via your blog. Do you think they would be embarrassed,or are kids way different than they were back when I was teaching? What do you think?

o

Oh my, that took me back to the misspent days of my youth. Remember the phrase "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? I had some kid that would write that on a piece of note paper to me, it seemed like every day. We would go back and forth. I'm pretty sure my answer was No Sex, No Drugs, maybe rock and roll. :)

I don't remember my teachers ever catching us, which is pretty amazing.

Hmmm, I can't even remember his name....but we spent an awful lot of time writing notes!

Lisa

o

No, mwoods, kids are probably the same. Some might not like it, others probably wouldn't care. That's why I don't use their names.

Lisa, that was a cute story. I love the term, "misspent days of my youth". So true for many of us!

Thanks for looking!

o

So you don't ask them first? That's not appropriate. Might and probably indicate your lack of asking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here