Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

November is Thanksgiving month

lilosophie
10 years ago

So I thought I show you a picture of the wild turkeys wandering all over my place. They are great in catching grasshoppers and other wild bugs, including ticks.

Comments (10)

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Turkeys are great. I am glad that they are back where they belong. I see them once in a while along a local street or along the golf driving range. When we moved here, there were none, now 4o years later there is quite a presence. We had them just once in the backyard, at least where we did see them.
    Wished I was as lucky as you to have them that close by.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. A whole month,huh?
    I'm thankful that I have a good life.
    I'll see if I can come up with another one tomorrow.

Interesting pic,lilo. I certainly don't have turkeys walking around in my neck of the valley.
    Turkeys eating ticks is a plus.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Today I'm thankful for an absolutely beautiful fall day.

• shymilfromchi
    10 years ago

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too and I so resent the way that the big box stores seemed to have just ignored it in favor of getting the more financially lucrative Christmas stuff out there. And on top of it, their employees have to work long hours on Thanksgiving instead of being home with their families.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Today I'm thankful that dh built a pantry, and it is filled with food.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Today, on a Monday morning, I'm thankful that DH and I managed to shop in 5 different stores, before 11am, then come home to a nice and quiet house, to recover. I retreated under my down comforter and DH took a nap.
    Shopping wears us down.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Another beautiful weather day.
    Today I'm thankful that we had good news about one of DH health issues.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

I am thankful my sister will only have to work her second job two more months. And that she is getting away from him, even though she loves him so much, and they've been together for 20 years.

I am thankful I have both parents this year. It's unlikely to be the same at the end of next year, but I'm soaking it up while I can. I am thankful that Mom's in better health than past years.

I am thankful I appear to be over all of my health hurdles.

I am thankful I have a big bro that can fix my car and that the car is in pretty good shape. I am hoping to have the car one last summer for convertible enjoyment. It looks like she'll make it!

I am thankful for a very bright, but very very very sweet son. He is such a joy to be around.

I am thankful for my job where I do what I am fantastic at, but more importantly, with people I love.

I am thankful for living in a place that is beautiful, and free, and full of promise...

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

rob, I'm thankful that you have a lot to be thankful for these days.
    You go girl. :) You've done good.
    Another beautiful weather day today.
    I'm thankful that our three children (all adults) are doing well and care about (us) their parents.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

I'm thankful for another nice weather day.
    But I would be doubly thankful for a rainy day,

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions