Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andie_rathbone

Long Time, No Post

andie_rathbone
13 years ago

Hi guys! It's been a long, long time since I posted here. I guess I have to say that Facebook go me mesmerized and I've been spending most of my time there. However, I was just sitting here thinking about the GW in general & the GP in particular, so decided to pop in here & see what everyone is doing. Hope to be able to divide my time more equitably in the future. This was my first home on the Internet & I'm not quite ready to leave it.

Comments (12)

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Welcome back! I'm still a Facebook holdout; probably don't know what I'm missing, b/c everybody raves about it.

• andie_rathbone
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is addicting & I've connected with a lot of old friends from school & work. Just don't want to totally ignore my first Internet home.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Welcome back. I think you had left by the time I showed up, but as a loooong time lurker I remember you.

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Hi Andy Steve S.

• calliope
    13 years ago

It's good to see you Andie. Feel the same way about the GP but in my case it's more time constraints. I have a facebook account, but use it mostly for family communications because a lot of my kin forget whom they told what. They slap it on facebook and am amazed I don't know what they are talking about.

• instar8
    13 years ago

Hiya Andie!

I just recently got on Facebook, but never got far, since the very first thing they wanted to know is if i'm gay...or as they put it, "What are you interested in?...men or women?" Ummm, i think both are pretty interesting...but who i sleep with is nobody's bidness...then "What are you looking for"...umm, my cousin?? So if you want to know absolutely nuthin about me, except my age and gender, you can visit my page! (Householder)THe picture does kinda look like me, the hairstyle at least...

Haven't changed a bit, have I?? ;~)

lynnie b

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    13 years ago

Andie! How lovely to see you - I do hope you decide to stick around a bit more. I always love reading your posts: you have such interesting things to say!

• meldy_nva
    13 years ago

Happy to see you back here, you've been missed.

Being very distrustful of business' promises, and very protective of my privacy, I'm another FB non-participant. If I could ignore past incidences involving FB & similar sites, and/or had such a large family that any contact was better than none, I might feel differently, meanwhile family and friends can update me by phone, cell, e-mail, snail-mail and in person. That's enough choices to keep me in touch :)

• sps_7_14
    13 years ago

Hi Andy,
    I have been away for a long time and just getting back to saying hello to old friends. How are you and are any of the salvias still living? I bet they are beautiful.

So glad to be back -

sps

Here is a link that might be useful: My New Bible Garden web site

• andie_rathbone
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys! And Shirley, yes the salvias are huge! They love it down here.

• dirtdiver
    13 years ago

Hi Andie, nice to see you pop in, and hello from your old northern haunts. I too have been lured by Facebook, and I don't come here as much as I used to--and when I do, I mostly read. But I still do like checking in here and there.
    The former MsAnnThorpe

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

Hey Andie!

My computer blew up this week, and so, I am just now seeing this. Glad you popped back in. I agree, this is my first home and I wonder how everyone is doing now and again.