Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

Weather?

west_gardener
9 years ago

It was a dark and very windy morning.
"They" said it was a 50/50 chance of rain, and it could start at 9 am.
At 9 am, the sun came out in all it's glory and it is still shining.
Tomorrow it calls for a 80% chance of rain. We'll see.

Comments (8)

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

We got above freezing for the first time since last Friday. The forecast for this weekend is rain in the low to mid 40s. The ground is frozen. Yuck!

A couple of months ago, the air was calm. We would eat on the deck and nothing blew the mosquitoes away. Now that it is colder, it is gusting (according to my online source) up to 30 mph.

We're going on a 21-day cruise in January into the Caribbean; I believe that I will mentally be ready for it.

Jim

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

I got up at 5:30 and it was raining and it has rained ever since, sometimes a bit lighter and sometimes a bit harder. It's 4:30 now and the rain has eased up to a drizzle, I think I shall go and encourage the chickens to go into their house, they even may be roosting already. It's getting dark earlier and earlier.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A light drizzle for about 30 minutes today. Every drop counts.

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

There was steady rain for the past two days - 1 1/2" total and today we shall have rain, and tonight it said "heavy rain", showers tomorrow and then several days of cool, sunny days and chilly nights, it's what we like. 2013 was the year with no rain to speak of, stressful as all get out, if one can start to hate sunshine, there iis something wrong - well this season made up for it, lots of rain makes one appreciate the sunny days.
    In California we recon the rain-year from July 1 to June 30 the following year

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lilo, I'm so glad you have had some rain. We did not get any more rain.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

"They" said it was a 80% chance of rain today so I went out early to do my chores. There were a few drops then the sun came out and it is still shining.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

That 80% was for the town about 10 miles away, not yours!

I find it amazing that the weather folks have all those computers and radars and folk lore on their side and yet they still manage to have huge errors.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol Jim. the only time I believe it is raining these days, is when I get wet when going outside.
    I can't even believe it is raining when I see that our patio is wet.
    It turns out that two water hoses sprung leaks at the same time and I thought it had rained.

Sponsored
More Discussions