Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathyjane_gw

Big News from the Mountains of Virginny!

kathyjane
11 years ago

15 Va. Car Club Members Cited During Sunday Drive

Posted: Nov 12, 2012 10:22 AM EST

Updated: Nov 12, 2012 10:32 AM EST

STAUNTON, Va. (AP) - More than a dozen members of a car club face traffic charges stemming from a Sunday drive through Augusta and Highland counties.

Police say a group of 15 to 20 sports cars was traveling recklessly Sunday morning on Virginia Route 262 and U.S. 250.

Augusta County Sheriff's Deputy Trevor Ross tells The News Leader that the drivers were speeding, cutting off other motorists and passing over double lines.

Ross says the group was part of a Northern Virginia car club.

The Augusta County Sheriff's Office says 15 vehicles were stopped at the Headwaters Post Office in Highland County by Virginia Conservation Police, the Highland County Sheriff's Office and Virginia State Police.

More than 20 summonses were issued to 15 drivers. Their cars were towed.

(Note; Headwaters is a fly-speck on the map---this is straight out of Smokey And The Bandit!!!!!!!)

They were traveling on some reeeeally twisty-turny roads and Headwaters is 4 mtns. away from the Valley---some of the greatest driving can be had on that route and I was reeeally missing the good ol' days until I read the piece to the end where it said their cars had been TOWED!!!

DING-DANG!

---Cars were probably towed back to Staunton, with every tow truck in 50 miles put to use! (IMAGINE THE TOWING BILLS those guys will get, along with the tickets!

Oh, the shame....

Headwaters P.O. is about 10X20' big----you have to be ready to see it before you pass it by!---

in fact, you have to do that just to see Headwaters itself!!!

--I'm glad they had fun while it lasted...

A guy on a MC was badly hurt on that road about 3 years ago--- a really drunk driver hit him with his bloomin' PU truck.

Two-lane mtn. road, wknd traffic backed up for miles...fellow had to be air-lifted out---

there was no getting to him by rescue squad.

OK----that's all I had to offer----

except I'm still getting up leaves---record day was

21 Leaf-Vac loads----usual day is 8 to 10 loads squeezed in between everything else going on.

Yes; I'm beat---fall into bed with clothes still on --get up, feed the A's and start all over again---BUT----I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!!!

Maybe before too long I can come back and start sticking my nose in everyone's business again! GUFFFFFFAWWWWWW!

Love you guys!

KJ

Comments (7)