Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

don...????

west_gardener
12 years ago

Caught this quote from your post.

"Looking forward to a heart operation that is behind schedule from the predicted date. Looks like I will be starting the new year with a repaired heart muscle and hopefully no more meds."

I hope everything will go well.

I want to know "everything" that's going on, but I respect your privacy . Please keep in touch.

Comments (17)

• User
    12 years ago

Thanks for the interest. Operation will be in January, a bit later than the end of October they were shooting for. Have to have three weeks of monitoring coumadin first, popular operation.

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the reply, Don. I'll be thinking about you. Please keep in touch.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

I'm sending good, healthy thoughts your way!

• User
    12 years ago

Thanks friends.

• oscarthecat
    12 years ago

Hang in there Don. Steve in Baltimore County.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Everything will go right. There will be no problems. I very much believe in the power of positive thinking. Keeping you in my thoughts.

• agnespuffin
    12 years ago

It's a creepy feeling, isn't it....to think of having THAT organ, the heart, worked on! I read a stupid article once that was supposed to reassure patients. It's viewpoint was the the heart was muscle, and therefore, not as tricky work as say the liver or stomach.

Yeah, right!!! Muscle tissue. Big Deal! Hah!

Things are going to go just fine. I have spoken. Take care and listen to what the Big Smart Medical Guys say.

We certainly will be thinking of you.

• gandle
    12 years ago

You'll do well Don with this many people pulling for you, you can't miss.

• lilosophie
    12 years ago

The vote is unanimous, you shall do well, we said so and so it is! You are in my thoughts, friend

• coconut_nj
    12 years ago

You're thought of often and well, and by many other than just me. We'll be asking as the time grows nearer. Hope you're letting some trees calm you and keep you centered.

• User
    12 years ago

Thanks again friends, It is good to know all that energy is out there. Had to wear a holter to monitor the heart for a day and the results showed some fibrillation so it is a bit more complicated than if it was a flutter. Will be another train ride to San Diego. Once they get the ablation done then they can do my knees, rotator cuff and wrist. Guess the mileage has been rough, a bit like running the Baja 500.

• mwoods
    12 years ago

Bet you'll be glad when this is all behind you. So how have you been feeling?

• gmatx zone 6
    12 years ago

Good thoughts and lots of positive energy being sent your way. After all the "redos" are finished, you will be good for another 100,000 miles ((smile))!

• User
    12 years ago

Caught a bug over the weekend so stuffy and sore throat, taking theraflu and halls cough drops. Looks like Thanksgiving will be just the two of us at home this year since the car is on the fritz. Wouldn't want to share the bug with others anyway. Blood pressure was 92 over 60 this morning and that is about what it has been for a long while now, so goes the energy level. Can't wait to get off these meds, my analogy is when you have a leaky radiator it is better to fix it than to keep putting stop leak in it. Only a few things to be afraid of with the advent of modern medicine.

"Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone."
    Jim Fiebig

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."
    Kurt Vonnegut

• agnespuffin
    12 years ago

along the line of that last quote...

My cousin was in the hospital for some heart surgery. Her doctor told her to expect the assistant surgeon to come in that evening for some last minute checks, etc.

Imagine her feelings when this good looking young man with a huge grin on his face came into her home and greeted her like an old friend.

He was. She had taught him to read in the first grade.

• User
    12 years ago

Que the last verse of Wonderful World.

Louis Armstrong
    What A Wonderful World lyrics
    Songwriters: Thiele, Robert; Weiss, George David;

I see trees of green, red roses too
    I see them bloom, for me and you
    And I think to myself
    What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
    The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
    And I think to myself
    What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
    [ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/louis-armstrong-lyrics/what-a-wonderful-world-lyrics.html ]
    Are also on the faces, of people going by
    I see friends shaking hands, sayin', "How do you do?"
    They're really sayin', "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
    They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know
    And I think to myself
    What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
    What a wonderful world
    Oh yeah

Here is a link that might be useful: What a Wonderful World w lyrics - Louis Armstrong

• lilosophie
    12 years ago

Thank you, Don, I love this song and I love Louis Armstrong.

Sponsored
More Discussions