Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dust Bunnies-Dust Devils

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 20:54

I seems that while Curiosity is wandering around Mars, it is gathering "Dust Devils". I can identify, but I call mine "Dust Bunnies". I have been fighting those for years. I guess I have to upgrade my language.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dust

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dust Bunnies-Dust Devils

Dust devils are small dust/dirt filled funnel shaped wind storms...like little tornadoes. Whirlwind could be a synonym. You better hope you don't see any of those things under your bed!

o

Dust Devils or Whirlwinds are fairly common around here, we have so many slopes and high and low spots where they arise. Sometimes they are strong enough to deposit stuff picked up where they terminate, not fun if it's horse-pucky or other debris and it ends on one's deck.
I'll stick with the "bunnies" under the bed or behind furniture that's not easily moved :)

o

I don't know what my dust bunnies are eating, but they seem to multiply by the day.......lol

My neighbor's house down the street is on a small bend in the road and because of that small bend, all the stuff blowing in the wind, stops at her house. Every day she goes out and sweeps the gutter. Who would think to ask about wind direction and how much stuff will blow in. I never would have thought about it.
It seems NASA is as surprised as I am about stuff.

o

I need a Dust Bunnie exterminator!

o

Janis, if you find the address of one, please let me know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here